These are the links for the Kol Emeth Security talk on 11/14/17 Continue reading “talk-links”
This is modified from a chicken marbella recipe. It’s a delicious combination of chicken breasts, plums, and olives. Continue reading “Chicken Breast Plumbella”
Modified our spiced chicken recipe to add fresh pineapple
Continue reading “Pineapple Spiced Chicken Breasts”
We’ve discussed email issues, password issues, thing specific to credit agencies, the last topic will be good computer security hygiene. Continue reading “Home Computer Security Hygiene”
Now that you’ve secured your email, installed a virus checker, and are using a password manager, you can move on to dealing with the Equifax hack. Continue reading “Securing your credit files and credit cards”
Dark Helmet: So the combination is one, two, three, four, five. That’s the stupidest combination I’ve ever heard in my life! That’s the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!
[President Skroob walks in.]
Skroob: What’s the combination?
Colonel Sandurz: One, two, three, four, five.
Skroob: One, two, three, four, five? That’s amazing! I’ve got the same combination on my luggage!
[Colonel Sandurz and Dark Helmet give each other a look.]
Skroob: Prepare Spaceball 1 for immediate departure!
Colonel Sandurz: Yes sir.
Skroob: And change the combination on my luggage!
- Opening files that contain viruses, usually these are attachments to emails sent to you.
- Getting what looks like an ‘Official’ email and clicking on a link and typing in your username and password into a bogus site. This is called ‘Phishing’.
- Having your email account stolen and losing your contacts, this allows the thief to send trusted emails to your friends and family.
- Having your email account stolen and losing the sensitive contents like passwords or really private information stolen (see Hillary Clinton’s Campaign)
- Being stupid. Don’t think that you can get 5 million dollars from an African potentate. Don’t taunt a spammer.
- Email is transmitted without encryption from your computer to your recipients computer and all hops in between. Don’t send passwords or sensative documents via email.
The first two categories involve what you do when reading email, the second two involve securing your email account. Continue reading “Email Security”
I’ve been really thinking about this article I read recently which stated:
“Current estimates for the lifetime today’s electric vehicles are over 500,000 miles.”.
This has made me realize that I’ve been looking at electric cars as a conventional car purchase, but that assumption is probably wrong.
- 2-4 eggs
- 2 -3 cups of kale (about 1/2 or 1/3 of a bunch)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- pinch of tumeric
- Pinch of cumin
- salt and pepper
Crack the eggs into a a bowl and stir, crush or chop the garlic into a small bowl. Soak the kale in the sink in cold water for a few minutes, then shake it in the water to get all the bugs off and all the dirt off. Pick up each kale leaf and hold the stem and pull stripping the kale off. chop the remaining leaf parts and compost the stems.
In a frying pan, drizzle olive oil in the bottom of the pan and set the stove on high. Add garlic until it starts to sizzle then add the kale leafs. stir frequently, if it begins to burn, add 1/4 cup water and steam until the kale is soft. Add cumin and tumeric and stir the kale. once soft, add the eggs and stir contnuously until the eggs are cooked. Eat the result. 🙂